Monday, October 20, 2008

The Big 3-6

Happy Birthday to me! The big 3-6 has arrived. Funny isn't it how each year your idea of whats young and whats old change somewhat. I will admit that having a soon to be 7 week old son has presented me with a new outlook on sleep and nighttime activities in general. My wife always gets me just what I wanted and has came through once again. She bought me a copy of BJ Penns "Book of Knowledge" and a cool TAPOUT tshirt.

Being week 2 of the Prison Workout (http://octagonspot.blogspot.com/) I have a nice workout in front of me today and hope to spend some time with my family enjoying the beautiful day. Brock really enjoys being outside and it has a calming effect on him.

In MMA news I read an interesting article on MMAweekly which I will be posting below, basically how Dana White regards Brandon Vera after his loss to Keith Jardine. I feel kind of sorry for Vera, after the drama at Lloyd Irving's home invasion during his camp, and the split decision loss to Jardine- who by the way has had some big wins(Chuck Liddell,Forrest Griffin). I am not defending Vera for the loss, nor am I stating the decision should have been in his favor. It was a pretty even fight and just didn't go his way. At times it looked as if Vera might have played it too safe and could have diplayed a little more offense. Hard to prepare for a guy like Jardine who is extremely well rounded and fights out of Greg Jackson's camp( perhaps the BEST camp out there in my opinion). With one fight left on his current contract could we see the 205 pounder leave for another promotion? Could we see Vera regain the 20 pounds he cut(apparently at the request of the UFC) and once again be a heavyweight? Possibilty then lingers for a Vera-Tim Sylvia rematch??? Anyway here is the link as I promised http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7387&zoneid=13

No comments: